Friday, January 25, 2013

Here I Is

Pin It
If anyone still reads my blog I just wanted to let you know that I have not died. Everything is going along swimingly in fact. Except that I may have just put one to many logs on the fireplace. Pray that goes okay. Raging fires are nice unless they are coming out of the top of your chimney. I digress. This post is an update. For all of you who were with me when I started this blog and the journey toward adopting a little blessing from Ethiopia.

First an adoption update. We are waiting. Waiting. AND THEN waiting. When a child becomes available and it is our turn on the waiting list we will receive what is called in the adoption world a referral. Based on the medical information and the picture we will determine if this child will be our daughter. Hubs and I have already agreed that whoever is in that picture is the child that God has picked for us. That is as much as I know for now. As I know more I will share it with you.

Second a blogging update. At first it was a much needed vacation. Then I realized I quite enjoyed not constantly thinking about, planning for, writing on, and generally obsessing about my blog. It gave me more time for my son, my husband, my hobbies, and much needed mental rest. My long term goal is to use this as a creative outlet. A place to chronicle and share. Not a job.

To all of you that have been so faithful about reading my blog I want to thank you. You have truly made me count each of you as my friends. I have felt guilty more than a few times about not visiting you or keeping you up to date on our adoption progress. I hope you are all well and that life is blessing you as much as it has and is blessing me.

Much Love,
Amy 

8 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you on your adoption. I can hardly wait to read your adoption updates. I hope you enjoy your blog break. It can be very time consuming if we allow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are doing well...I hope this new path with your blog is fun for you and that the adoption process goes quickly for your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've taken a blog sabbatical too and enjoy the free time. But it will be good to use it again for sharing what I've been learning. HUGS to you and a special prayer for your adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what happened! ((hugs)) Good to hear from you :) I hope all is well with you and your family, best of luck for the adoption!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see that your back in the blogging world. My husband and I were both adopted and have many great stories to tell. I sometimes blog about it if you're interested (http://www.journeysofthezoo.com/search/label/Adoption).

    I'm a new follower via GFC (http://www.blogger.com/follow-blog.g?blogID=1731204445266420681).

    Looking forward to connecting further.

    Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo
    journeysofthezoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading your blog posts for month and its been the greatest thing I am doing in past few months. keep up the good work for sharing the information. 메이저사이트

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was looking for another article by chance and found your article I am writing on this topic, so I think it will help a lot. I leave my blog address below. Please visit once. 메이저사이트

    ReplyDelete